Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Let them be little.

Adventures with Emma tend to take longer than necessarily needed. When we are in the store and she wants to spend five extra minutes in the toy section, I let her. When she wants to press the hand dryer button twice in the bathroom, I let her. When it rains and she asks to jump in puddles, most of the time, I let her. I don't want the fact that I go out of my way to let her do these things to be confused with her always getting her way or being a spoiled brat. She is almost three and these things make her day. I believe in letting kids be little. Let them play and get dirty. Embrace that the little things in life are really the big things.

^It rained while we were shopping. Emma wanted to take her shoes off and jump in the rain puddles. 
xo-M

"Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you're doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you."

-Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment