Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Sounds

Mind Over Matter- Young the Giant



Twenty one- Corey Smith
The first time I heard this song I was not even twenty one. Here I am at twenty eight and I am still fond of it. A girl that I vaguely remember introduced me to Corey Smith and I fell in love. (we are talking border line obsessed ya'll) Thankfully, my best friend shared the obsession. It seemed like every few months we were seeing him in concert. (my favorite was in Columbus, Ga- he got drunk and sang Ice, Ice baby)  The last time I saw Corey was bittersweet for me. The Corey that I fell in love with was no more. The Corey I fell in love with played to a small room of a bar on just his acoustic guitar. The Corey I last saw had a full blown band and had changed the tempo of the songs that I loved. While I am happy for his success, it is just not the same.

Anna Sun- Walk The Moon

I think everybody went a little crazy over this song when it was released. Until recently, I had planned on using it as a recessional song at my wedding. It makes me happy. Instead, I am going with the song that has been in the back of my head since the moment I met E. 

Lights Out- Ingrid Michaelson
xo-M

"Music is the strongest form of magic.” 

-Marilyn Manson

No comments:

Post a Comment