Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Penny Dreadful.

My mind is constantly in ADD mode. I have so many ideas/goals that go through my head.(I just bought a notebook to jot all of my ideas/goals in!) One of my goals is to read more. I've been struggling with a plan to make this happen. I always have a really hard time picking out books. I can literally walk in a book store, get overwhelmed with making the decision, and walk out empty handed. This afternoon I found inspiration for my next reading venture. Showtime has a new series, Penny Dreadful, coming out this May. It mixes 19th century British fiction stories (dubbed Penny Dreadfuls) and I am so excited to watch! I watched an interview with the creator, John Logan, and he listed three books that inspired him to create the series- I knew that very moment that they would be my new reading list! All are well known books that I have always had in that ADD mind of mine but never got around to. (until now) 

Reading list inspired by the upcoming Showtime series Penny Dreadful
  • Dracula
  • Frankenstein
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray
I have the house to myself this evening-time to start reading!

xo-M

"I'm very shy really. I spend a lot of time in my room alone reading or writing or watching television."
-Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment