Saturday, April 26, 2014

After all this time? Always.

I think just about everyone knows about Harry Potter. Not everyone understands it. My best friend in high school was crazy about Harry Potter & I didn't get it then. I thought it was just a book for kids and I wasn't interested in it. Years later in 2006,I gave into the world of HP and picked up Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone.  First thought after reading it: why the hell didn't I do this before now? Second thought: I have to get the next book. I breezed through the next five books. They are all I thought about and all I wanted to talk about. I finally got what the fuss was about. I finished Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince shortly before Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows came out. I pre-ordered The Deathly Hallows from Books-a-Million and went to the midnight release with a friend. I stayed up all night reading it. It was so bittersweet reading the words "All was well."

             2011                

I have loaned the books out to several friends. I have re-read the series more than once. My binding of The Order of the Phoenix is literally falling apart because it has been read so many times. 

On our anniversary this year, not only did E ask me to marry him, he bought me the complete Harry Potter series on Blu-ray. I had never watched any of the movies. I know it seems silly but it was really hard for me to have interest in them. I loved the books so much that I didn't want them to be ruined. It took three months for E to talk me in to sitting down and watching the movies. Again I ask: why the hell didn't I do this before now?  I really did enjoy them. Watching all the movies has made me fall in love all over again with the world of Harry Potter. I even had a dream of Hogwarts a few nights ago where I was trying to save Draco. I woke up thinking...of all the people...it was Draco I was trying to save?! 
                                      
I'll always be a Gryffindor at heart.
            [Even if Pottermore sorted me into Hufflepuff]           
xo-M

"I don't believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
-J.K.Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment